|Call for Innovative Case Studies on World Heritage Education|
1 / BackgroundThe 44th Session of the World Heritage Committee will be held in Fuzhou (China) on 16 July 2021. A side event themed World Heritage Education for the Future - Cultural Inheritance, Lifelong Learning and Sustainable Development is scheduled on the same day before the opening ceremony of the committee session.
The event is organized by the World Heritage Institute of Training and Research for the Asia and the Pacific Region under the auspices of UNESCO (WHITRAP) with the support of the World Heritage Centre and the National Commission of the People's Republic of China for UNESCO. In order to strengthen its role as an international exchange platform for heritage education, the organizer is announcing a global call for Innovative Case Studies on World Heritage Education. The aim is to select outstanding cases which exemplify innovative approaches to world heritage education on a global scale, to share and present these good practices to the widest international audiences and to lead and promote the future development of world heritage education.
2 / Organising Partners
National Commission of the People's Republic of China for UNESCO
World Heritage Institute of Training and Research for the Asia and the Pacific Region under the auspices of UNESCO
World Heritage Center (WHC)
International Research and Training Center for Rural Education (INRULED)
International Centre on Space Technologies for Natural and Cultural Heritage (HIST)
International Center for UNESCO ASPnet (ICUA)
3 / Application Requirements
1. The case studies must be education activities organised by or for World Heritage sites or to address topics of specific heritage values.
2. The case-study proposal may be one that has been completed (in the last 5 years) or on-going with achieved tangible results.
3. There is no limit to the target audience or groups the education program developed for.
4. Proposed case-studies should be innovative and exemplary in concepts, contents or forms.
We are looking for proposals showcased in the following terms:
1. Innovation: innovation and explorations made in the concept and approach to heritage education
2. Technological Application: utilizing creative or advanced technology to protect and promote heritage values
3. Collaboration: high-level multilateral cooperation mechanism and innovative model to promote heritage education
4. Sustainability: socially, economically and culturally sustainable and contributing to the sustainable development of heritage sites
5. Exemplary Significance: establishing a good role model in terms of the overall or specific approach worthy to be promoted internationally
5 / Entry Awards
By becoming a selected case, you will:
# Receive a certificate issued by WHITRAP
# Exhibit and present the case study at the side event of the 44th Session of World Heritage Committee
# Publicize and present the case study in organizer’s website
# Publish the case studies on relevant international journals
# Be recommended as a participant to international activities (conference or training, etc.)
6 / Steps of Process
7 / Application Dossier
Other materials (see item 3.1-3.4 of the entry form for detailed requirements)
8 / Rights and Liabilities
See item 3.4 of the entry form
for detailed requirements
9 / Entry Form Download
10 / Application Email
Please submit your application dossier via the following email: email@example.com.
WHECase Submission: country+city+case nameBackup Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11 / Contacts
For further enquiries, please contact:
WHITRAP Working Group